Is this a hot flash?

So this is not my first pregnancy and apparently I have been lucky because up until tonight I have never felt like this. I almost start to feel feverish and it comes in waves that starts with my head and then surges through the rest of me and then I break out in a sweat and wish I would just puke. Is this part of morning sickness, a hot flash and when does this symptom go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hot flashes usually don't happen until the later part of pregnancy, around the third trimester, and they can stick around post-partum. If you're feeling sick, then it might be a bug. It does sound a lot like a hot flash, with the waves of heat and sweating, but I never had the pukey feeling you're talking about.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• thats actually acid reflux. the acid gives you a really fast fever/sweat....happens to me pretty often and its not fun...i'm 8 months...zantac helps
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Wow that makes a lot of sense, but would never of thought of that. I just had a very good, but very strong meatloaf and was thinking it was probably a bad idea! Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2010