I need to give my 4 year old fish oil - help. She cannot have dairy - what can I mix it in?

Betsy125

Asked by Betsy125 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Does it actually have to be the oil? Can it be in gummy form? I give my daughter Omega-3 fish oil gummies for kids that you can buy at WalMart.
    Anonymous

• She is also supposed to avoid sugar and most gummies have sugar.
    Betsy125

Answer by Betsy125 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Tuna salad sandwiches? idk... Is the risk of not having sugar outweigh the need for fish oil?
    Anonymous

• I'd give her the gummies right before bed.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would give her hemp oil (the optimum blend of omega 3, 9 and nine; no mercury) instead. Mix in a smoothie

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Try Coromega (http://coromega.com/). It's all natural, made with no artificial flavors or colorings, plus has no sugar, no dairy, no gluten and comes in some tasty flavors. I get my son the chocolate-orange flavor, but there is also lemon-lime, plain orange and peach flavors.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• we use carsons lemon flavored fish oil. we give it to our kids by the spoonful. it is light, and lemony and there are no fishy after burps.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2010