Father's Day ideas for a new step dad

I want to do something nice for my boyfriend this father's day. He is a big part in my daughter's life, and I want to do something for him that shows how much it means to me and my daughter! :) Any ideas? I figured there are some of you mom's out there who arent with your child's father anymore. :)

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 11:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• Sorry but that's just silly. He's not her dad and he's not your dad. He's just a boyfriend. They come and go and it will confuse her
    Anonymous

• Do what you feel do it as though he is her dad and go from there no one knows him the way you and your dd do.
    You don't have to go all out just something simple and sweet or have your dd make something from her little hands. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I think it's ridiculous that someone would say it's silly.

My childrens' father overdosed and died several years ago. I am currently dating a doctor and our 1 year anniversary is in a few weeks. He is a great role model for my kids and a wonderful provider for us while I go back to school. He never wanted any children of his own but he has certainly stepped up to the plate with my children. We don't live together and I told him from the beginning that my children were not his responsibility. He chooses to be such a huge part of their lives (a friend to play video games with and rough house with, an ear to listen when mom is frustrating, a provider for camp/school activities/clothes, a ride to friend's houses, advice giver when trouble arises) and I think that is much more deserving of a father's day celebration than their "real" father.

If you feel he deserves it, then do something!
    jess119mah

Answer by jess119mah at 1:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010