I have a 8 month old who already is crawling pulling himself up & pulling himself up in his crib even though he's not walking is a crib tent a good idea? Do they work? or can I hold off being he's not walking yet

sissaymay

Asked by sissaymay at 11:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've had 3 kids use a crib and never had a problem with them trying to climb out once they were pulling up or walking. At least not until they were much older. That was my son (mister dare devil) and he was 20 months before he was big enough to get his leg over the side. At 8 months they could barely see over the side with the mattress all the way down.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• get one. if he is pulling up he could get his leg up over the side. better safe than sorry and this ay he gets used to it before he is standing and walking around lol. my 14 month old would work on it til he pulled it off...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My dd started walking between 8 and 9 months, but we never had any problems with her trying to climb out of her bed. We did lower her crib to the lowest setting. I think it would have scared her to have a tent over her crib. Each child is different, some are climbers and some are not.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010