what do you do when your 2 and half year old doesnt care if they sit in the naughty chair?

Ive tried smacking hands and bottom but it doesnt make a difference.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you must not be smacking hard enough
    Anonymous

• continue to put him in the chair,be consistant. He cares, he's just not irate about it.
    Anonymous

• sell him tot he circus lol deep breaths mom...deep breaths
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• bearsjen i cant count the times my mom said that she was going to do that! lol anyway, find a spot he doesnt want to sit. like alone somewher, my dd hates being alone in a room when she was in trouble.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Striking your little child because they won't sit in a chair? wow, you're a GREAT mom (sarcasm)...
    Anonymous

• Try taking away one of their favorite toys. Thats what I have to do with my son.
    concreteangel88

Answer by concreteangel88 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• spankings don't work, and normally irritate them further.

Time outs seldom work by themselves for my DD either. SO we take away the toy she was playing with when she got in trouble.

Example, her cousin is over and they won't share a toy. I take the toy away from them, and won't let them play with any toys for 5 minutes. First thing after I take the toy away, I make them apologize to each other, and then try to explain why they need to share. After 5 minutes they forget what made them mad and play together peacefully for most of the rest of the time he's over. (they are both 2 1/2).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Or if she won't clean up her toys, I put them all away for the a time period, or the rest of the day, pending on her attitude.

I guess it all depends on the situation, for how I handle it. I do try to always explain why I took away this or that from her, so she knows it's because of what she did. When she apologizes and stops acting up, we again talk and I give whatever it is back.

When all else fails, and she still acts up, I then put her in her play room with the gate up, and put myself in time out for 5 minutes on the couch. lol. (I can see right into the play room, and know she is completely safe in there, but sometimes mommies need a breather too).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2010