Do you think it's fair?

Do you think it's fair for a SAHM to rush her husband as soon as he gets home from a hard days work and give him chores that you want done asap, and hand the kids over to him b/c you've had them all day!! I think the husband should have a little down time to relax from his day b4 he gets bombarded with a million things to do.
SAHM's what we do all day is not nearly as hard as you try to make people believe!!!! For all of you who have both parents working outside the home YES I belive the work should be shared equally.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I completely agree with you! I don't think SAHM's should do that to their husbands!!! I am a SAHM and kind of a WAHM too but I still don't do that to my hubby. I run the office part of our two businesses but he does the jobs and such It is my job to take care of the house and the kids and he does help out but I don't expect him to at all. I do ask him to take out the trash occassionally but a lot of the time I do it. Yeah, being a SAHM is hard work and stressful but it isn't that bad. Just like most men don't think that what they do is all that bad either. It is what we were made to do.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 11:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• What is the point of your question? A SAHM should never have to hand the children over to the father. She should never have to give the husband chores. If she stays home all day isn't that what her job is all about? A SAHM's job is the home. Although our right as women to work outside the home and support ourselves, without the need for in home slavery, was fought for and won... some women still want to just that... sit on their butts. It's not the guys fault if he works... he probably has too.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:41 re-read the question and when you come to a complete understanding of what I posted the reply! It wasn't as complicated as you took it.
    Anonymous

• I think the dad should have 30 minutes or so to unwind, then allow the sahm to have some downtime. Being with the kids all day long is draining. She's been working full-time too! So she needs to be given a bit of a break.

Taking care of the kids is BOTH parent's responsibility, not just the mom's. It takes two people to have a child. Taking care of the children should not be relagated to the mom just because dad works outside of the home. He should be helping to take care of them as much as his schedule allows. Giving the kids baths, helping to brush their teeth, getting them ready to bed...he can help out too.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• When SO get's out of work I do sometimes let him take charge of our DD so I can get a few other things done around the house, however I'm a work from home mother, so even though I can get a majority of my housework and actual work done before SO get's off his shift, it's not always a guarantee.

SO doesn't mind though, he loves coming home to his baby girl
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• ...and hand the kids over to him b/c you've had them all day!! .... well, since your also worked a full day at home being the sole caregiver to the kids...yeah.... ha can take them right away when he get home!! He's their FATHER!!

Anonymous

• I agree that if either the MOM or DAD are working they should be given at least 2 hours to unwind from their work day. THEN they can take care of their share of the chores and the kids. Lets face it OP Taking care of kids and a house is a NEVER ENDING JOB! even if the mother is a SAHM she deserves a little break every now and then too!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• AGAIN I WILL REPEAT FOR THOSE WHO ARE OBVIOSLY MISSING THE POINT

**** I think the husband should have a little down time to relax from his day b4 he gets bombarded with a million things to do.
    Anonymous

• When my hubby gets home, you betcha he's helping with the kids! And on his days off, he is expected to help out too. I don't get any days off as a sahm, so neither does my husband. I'm not a slave, I am a mom who takes cares of the home and shares the parenting responsibilities with my husband. My job is damn hard, and I take offense to you saying that my job isn't all that difficult- BULL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't get this concept that just because the "man" works outside the home and brings home money he is more important than the mom that is at home with the kids and the house all day. I had 3 kids under 3 and you better believe as soon as my husband walked in the door I handed him the baby and said, "enjoy" and then crashed from exhaustion. How hard is it to sit on the couch watching TV while keeping an eye on 3 kids? In fact, he enjoyed it since he didn't get to see the kids all day. Most days he would come home and tell me to go take a nap.
    And I catch him right when he gets home and assign him chores like take the trash out and carry the laundry BEFORE he starts relaxing and doesn't want to move off his lazy ass. He's part of the family, too, he should have to do something around here. I'm not the maid or a slave.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2010