Your opinons please :)

So, I decided to read Revelation again just to make a point to someone else about the so called "End of days" crap. Anyway, upon reading I came across something interesting. The speaker is talking about how he was revealed the things to come as he sat up in heaven or whatever but check this verse out.

Revelation 4:7 talks about four living beings covered with eyes. "The first of these living beings had a form like a lion; the second looked like an ox; the third had a human face and the fourth had the form of an eagle"

What the heck? Kind of sounds like Egpytian and Greek mythology there a bit huh?

WonderWoman1979

Asked by WonderWoman1979 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yeah.... I'd have to agree there.... mythology for sure!! But then again... that's how I see the Bible as a whole... mythology and fabel ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• you called a sacred text crap and do you really expect a respectful answer when you can't be respectful?
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• no, she call the "End of days" stuff crap - not the actuall book!!

Anonymous

• Could very well be about Egyptian beliefs,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I was just curious geez! I mean come on...he had a "vision" of the end of days or whatever and it talks about Satan coming down and blah blah. It talks about only a specific amount of members being saved and marked. It also says "near' now in the far far future.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• ok if ur talking to ur friend or whatever about it, then y would u even doubt it? something like that u should never EVER be playing with.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• The Quran was sent for all of mankind. Read it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• By the second century they were used as symbols for the four Evangelists Mark, Luke, Matthew and John respectively.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Ahh thanks oldermom. I wasn't aware of that fact. That brings me to another point though...can we trust Revelation? I mean who wrote it anyway?
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It's said that it was written by John. There is a lot of symbolism there. Things can't be taken as literal. The fall of Rome is touched upon here and many other things. At first Revelations wasn't even going to be put in Bible because it can be confusing, I 've often said here to use the cross reference along with the footnotes if your Bible has them, at the bottom of the pages to other verses.With Revelations it's almost a must. But there are some really good things there. So read it with a grain salt. http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/revelation/intro.htm this might help.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2010