Have you ever broken a lease?

If so, how hard was it to rent another place?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• im an on site manager at some apartments, and i would recommend it not to do it. i have had new applicants that did that and the owner rejected them for breaking their lease, even if u do have a good reason for it, don't do it, since no other apartment will take ur application.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't live in an apartment-I live in a house and I'm getting another one. Technically, my rent is already paid for the month of July and my lease is up the 20th. They aren't fixing things and are breaking the lease. I'm moving out early because of this.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• have u even talked to the land owner? something like that will always be in ur record no matter how long ago it was.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't have any way of getting a hold of him. I'll be leaving before the lease is up. As far as I know, they don't report to any company or anything.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yeah and we got sued for the remainder of the lease. We never got our problems in writting, just called them. It caused some problems in renting at places that check. Now we're renting a trailer that we didn't need to fill out an application for. We only signed a month to month lease.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• ok. if they don't then it does help u then, anyways, make sure u leave everything good and take pictures of the before and after pictures to prove u didn't leave a mess. that way they don't go back and get u for what ever. make sure u take pictures of whatever is wrong with the place,that's good evidence against them.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No. we rented on a month to month basis because we were an Air Force family. When we were finally based in the states , we bought a home. Try to avoid any legal problems and establish a good credit rating so that you will some day be able to buy a home.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I am a landlord and have had several lease breakers. I really didn't mind that much. We wanted them out anyway. It suck about rerenting it out. we kept the deposit each time. Apartments are stricter when breaking a lease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My deposit is covering the last months rent. Technically, since it's not for the entire month they would owe me money. I vowed to not give them another dime. I've had so many problems with this house.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We were in a long term lease to own, and at month 10 (of 12), my husband's Co relocated him. We felt bad, but the seller is recouping a good sum of $$$ per our contract. We are actually moving this Friday, and will be leasing another home. We also still own a home as well.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2010