He seriously wont listen to nothing I say!!

Anything I try to do, I can whoop him, sit him in time out, shut him in his room, on the couch, or just yell at him. He doesnt listen to me. But if someone like my mil or my dad get after him, they only have to de it once. Its not liek Ive spoiled him his whole life, he just started doing this recently. Is it a stage that will pass? What can I do? He really is driving me crazy!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh my gosh I feel the same way my son is almost 3 and he won't listen to me at all but he will listen to his father or my mom its crazy! I would like to know the answer to this too. Ur not alone!
    missylove916

Answer by missylove916 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Poor kid :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• what do you mean poor kid? Im a great mother, Im not on drugs or alcohol, I dont even smoke. I dont beat or neglect my child, I just want him to listen and obey me. My son is not spoiled by me, but he has everything he could need & want at 2 years old. Dont judge based on a question on cafemom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Anything I try to do, I can whoop him, sit him in time out, shut him in his room, on the couch, or just yell at him

Enough said. You sound awful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I agree, poor baby.

First you say he's not spoiled then you try and defend yelling at a BABY by saying he is spoiled. Maybe if you could control yourself better he wouldn't be acting up.

And for christ's sake learn English. It's "He doesn't listen to ANYTHING I say."
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I also agree, you are pathetic! Poor baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• First I would like to say there is no perfect mother.....EVERY mother makes mistakes....I don't know the full situation but I have kids so I know how it is......I had this issue with my youngest daughter...she was so rebellious and would not listen to anything I said...I felt horrible. I would even cry because I didn't know where I went wring....sometimes it's just the way kids are. I would try a different approach. If yelling at him or putting him on time out is not working sit him down and talk to him, let him know that your having mommy son time and talk to him ask him what he needs and whats going on...Also let him know it hurts your feelings. I told my youngest daughter that shes a little princess and she loved that but then I also told her that princesses don't act like that. and they listen...after that she'd tell me."princess listen to mommy's" and I'd say yes. Maybe you should tell your little boy he's your spiderman.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• WTH is wrong with people?? All she is asking is what can she do to have her child obey her. A lot of mothers go through this. Maybe there are some methods you could share with her. I'm sure there has been a time in every mothers life when their child doesn't listen to them. So stop acting so innocent.

SaraP, you are an obnoxious girl. yes, GIRL. That is how you act like a little teenager trying to stir up drama 24/7and acting like a know-it-all.

She didn't ask you to be an English teacher to her. Also, how is she not "controlling herself" like you say? And no where did she say she spoils him. Stop pulling stuff out of your a*s.

I think you need to control your attitude and mouth. No wonder you are a single mother, I feel bad for your child and the man that impregnated you. Good for him he's not with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Are you sure its not the terrible two's. Everyone goes through the terrible two's one way or anothers. Some go through it more ways than others.He's at an age where he is curious about things, and wonders what things do and how they work. And they don't know if what they do is dangerous or not. " My daughter did at that age pulled this dolly I had off that of the coffee tables. Guess she didn't like them. " I also had to put outlet covers on the outlet because she use to put her toy keys in there , And she went in the kitchen cabinets and got everything out. and left it there. for me to put back in. And my son he loved to climb everything in sight. at that age. Had to keep my eyes on him as well, Just stay calm and repeat yourself to them as much as you have to, but in a calm way. even though they might drive you crazy. They are little and starting to live life." Unless he's doing something to hurt himself then pull him
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• con't.: away from it. or playing with something that will hurt him, take it away from him. of course. gl.:)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2010