what do i do when i think my 3 year old is slow?

I mean he act as if he doesnt understand any thing im saying. What am I going to do. He talks but he doesnt respond like my 1year old daughter.

Sweetheart08

Asked by Sweetheart08 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Give him time before you label him slow, he will catch up. All kids do not reach milestones at the same time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• have him tested through the school district. if he is slow and has some type of issue you may get free help or at least know what the issue may be.
    Anonymous

• Heres the thing with boys chances are he hears you but isnt responding because he isnt interested in what you're saying to him. I think its pretty early to get worried if he is talking like you say he is. When he talks does he make sense?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• talk to his doctor
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• here we go with the child labels! Sorry but you have to teach them and interact with them for them to learn! Good luck, but please quit labeling!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2010