Is there anything I can do to dilate my cervix?

Like.. a certain way of sitting or standing? or an excercise that may help put more pressure on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, nothing you can do *WILL* force it. But some things *MIGHT* nudge it... maybe...

Sex and walking are really the two things that may help. And you don't need him to do it...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Your cervix will dilate WHEN IT IS READY....ripe...when the baby is ready to be born. Let your body do it's thing and don't try to be "in control". WHY would you want to try to dilate your cervix? . Sorry, but that is just not right. And you asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• SEX!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yeah.. sex.. I knew that one, but my husband won't have sex with me. We've hardly gotten along during this pregnancy and haven't done it in months. I've asked him several times the last few days and he just laughs it off..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• that is silly! Let the beby tell you when he/she is ready! You cant possibly know!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2010