sad situation

ok so i asked my daughter's dad to take me and her to a playground around his neighborhood but he wanted to be an ***and say he's going to chill with his wife and other 3 kids , now our daughter is his first born wayyy before he thought about marrying or knowing this girl,and he doesn't want anything to do with her ,he has no job ,he's living in his grandparents basement and he pay's 100.00 childsupport well his father pay's it for him smh,but all this being cruel to our daughter is a dying shame ,i don't know what to do anymore somebody help:'(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why would you want someone like that in your daughter's life?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• because i believe every child deserves a mother and DAD because he's not a father
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• He's obviously not a dad to her either.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Really, look at how far he has come since you guys. He lives in a basement and his dad has to pay his child support or he would go to jail? He pays, I mean his dad pays, $100 a month for child support? $25 bucks a week for one kiddo! Does that even begin to cover anything at all for her? On top of that he cant find time to be with her? This is his mode, I dont care where he plants his seed, he will not take responsibilty for any of his children.. You cant see it with human eyes, but his other kids are as bad off as dd in regards to a loving father figure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Take it from the oldest daughter of a man who walked away to marry his mistress and have two more kids and ignore me. Move on the more you dwell on him the more your child will. Focus on your life and your child. Thats what my mom did and by the time I was 4 she was engaged to a man who was a DAD to me, even my father knows that this man was my DAD and will tell people that he was not there for me but my DAD was. My DAD passed away 4 years ago and my father has now tried to make an effort to fill the void. Never would I trade the DAD I had for the father who walked away, I love my mom for not trying to force him to be a parent to me, I had a much better life without him.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would have to agree with pp'rs.
    I'm in agreeance with you, I believe EVERY child should have a mother and father in their lives, regardless if the parents are together or not. However, he's not making that effort, and you can't keep setting yourself and your DD up for disappointment. He knows where you, he knows your number, it's not like you're denying him access. You need to just let him come to his own decisions on what he wants to do.
    In the end, your daughter will know what's going on, and come to her own conclusions, opinons, and judgments. Hopefully, your ex won't have screwed it up too bad, but that's just the way it'll wind up being. You'll have to accept the fact that he won't want to do anything with his daughter. :[
    I'm sorry for you and your daughter. Good luck.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Okay you had a child with a loser your not the first person to have a child with a loser but he is not wanting to be a DAD/FATHER to your DD. Some men are just useless so if he doesn't want to be around your DD then let it be it will bite him in the ass in the long run. 2nd- of all why would you want him to bring YOU and your DD to a park if you want t o go to the park with your DD then bring her if he doesn't want to spend time at the park with her again that's his loss not yours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I will totally cut him off. I don't need someone like that in my chld's life. He's a very bad role model & $100 child support? Are you kidding me?
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You and your child is better off without him.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• a $100 ??? To support a kid??? LIke who was the judge who ordered that??/ He must not have kids either..It costs way more than that to feed a child for 1 week. He's pathetic I wouldn't have her around him if he wants to be like that then. She will end up angry and confused her whole life wondering what she did wrong I would sit down and talk to her while she's little or she will have tons of future heartache
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2010