Are thses normal feelings towards my teenagers

I have 2 daughters 17 and 19 and while I love them and they are my heart I'm just tired of living with them, cleaning up after them and know matter what I say or do they just don't listen or understand..and forget common sense! or if I'm mad they get even more irritated!

I just want them to move on in life so I can have some peace...is this normal to feel so burnt out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Very normal.
    I am anxiously awaiting the day for all 3 of mine to move out and get on with their lives. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• op here...I guess I should have said I'm tired of them living with me but I guess since the world revovles around them and I am just the cook and kitchen cleaner that is why it came out sounding like I live with them, lol, sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• oh so normal dont worry. i'm thinking you should be more strict with them and honest and open without trying to hurt them, maybe then they'll get it. sometimes they need a push in the right direction.gl!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have teens, in fact I just came back from the graduation ceremony at the high school. My dd is now an official senior! Watching these young men and women receive their diplomas is a step in the right direction, but it doesnt mean things will be smooth sailing from now on. Dont forget that graduation day and what was told to them. They are responsible adults now and in charge of their lives. Truly something amazing about witnessing a graduation ceremony,,,it really is a passage of time from child and into adulthood. Pick up where the pomp and circumstance left off. Your house, your rules. They are adults and they need to start acting like adults. good luck hon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My kids are still young. My oldest is 5...but I have heard this from alot of mom's who have teenagers. One of my nurses was like..".I love my daughter but I hate her too...I don't know where I went wrong it's not like I raised her to be like this!" I'm dreading that moment...cause I love my girls and can't stand the fact that sooner then I know it there not gonna be so little anymore and they might not be like they are now.....maybe ou should have a heart to heart....go get your nails done with them or out to eat and talk about these things with them and let them know that you need there help. I grew up a foster kid so I never had a mom but if I did this is what I'd want her to do and would probably respond a little bit better and not been such a brat during my teenage years, after all they do have to prepare to be adults soon.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have teens. My oldest is 17 and going on to her senior yr. I am dying for some peace and quiet in my house! I want it to stay clean, I'm tired of being a taxi, ATM, and personal shopper! LOL.
    I think we just get to that point that we know that they can take care of themselves and really wish they would! Dont feel bad. I'm right there with you! Oh, and I love my kids to death......
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 5:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I know what you are feeling!! I have an 18 and 17 year old daughters. I also have 4 other kids 13 on down to infant and I have to say the older teens have been sucking the living life out of me with all there adult needs! They are not kids any more but adult women and I too look forward to when they can take care of themselves like they need too. I hope it is right around the corner because I am having it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Why are you cleaning up after teens?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• U SHOULD HAVE BUSTED THERE ASS WHEN THEY WHERE YOUNGER !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You know I felt very much like you at one time, the taxi, the cleaning, the arguments and now that I have peace and quite, I wish I could have all those things again! Strangely enough I miss the havoc, I miss the dependency, I miss it all!

Answer by older at 8:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010