i need help i hate breastfeeding its ruining my sex life!!?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How is bf ruining your sex life? I know, for me, my breasts are off limits while I'm bfing but there's more to sex than that!! It does get better too. Just having a baby period can put a damper on your sex life! Lol Just remember what a great thing you're doing for your baby & that it's only for a 'short' period of time. I think it's pretty great that you've made the choice to bf & no matter if you keep doing it or not, you gave your child a great start!!

Answer by campbellgirl at 9:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Check out the breastfeeding groups here, they can give you great tips. I don't know how it could ruin your sex life. Buy some good pretty bras to wear during sex so you don't leak everywhere. By 6 months you will have your supply under control and you won't leak as much. Your baby's nutrition and health is so much more important than if your BF gets to feel you up.

Answer by sapient at 10:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Try pumping prior to relations that way things will be clear for lift off. LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• If you feed or pump before sex, it shouldn't make that much of a difference. You know, all the men I know said they didn't mind the little bit of milk with their wives. Is it you being too self conscious or your man?

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• If you hate it that much, stop doing it...Your babies will be fine on what you feel is right...

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• DON'T STOP NURSING!!! you are doing what is best for your baby. a drop in libido is normal for nursing moms. my son is 9 months old and i've been experiencing a low libido from day one. it's something that my husband and i have just come to terms with. he just really tries to you know...get me going and the extra work from his end has helped. you should discuss this with your man and explain to him that what is happening is normal and that for a little while he will have to make a little extra effort.

Answer by kjdemass at 11:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Its another hurdle of being an awesome, selfless mom. Try new things in bed, see a sex counselor w/e but you shouldn't stop bfing.

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• if you hate doing it then stop - you can always pump and put that in a bottle.

Answer by hiddenpoet at 4:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2008