How many times a day do you brush your toddlers teeth?

And do you use the baby tooth paste or just water?

And when can I take my daughter to her first dentist appointment? She has a lot of teeth... 16, which ppl say she has more than she should. is that bad?? 16 Months

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I brush my son's teeth at least twice a day. Morning and at night. And we use the tooth paste, the one for infants because he's still likes to swallow the tooth paste.. that weirdo. :P

My son had his first dentist appointment when his first tooth came in.

Here's some info! http://www.aapd.org/pediatricinformation/faq.asp

I can't really say if that's bad or anything, but, I don't think so. All babies grow at different rates, and she just sounds like she's had teeth come in a tad bit faster than normal.

ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 5:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm just like ManicMomma02. We brush Talon's teeth twice a day, if not more depending on what snack he's eaten. And we also use the paste WITHOUT fluoride. They say you can bring your toddler in when their first tooth comes in...I went at 16 months when he had four almost five teeth, (late bloomer). They didn't do much, just registered him, and counted teeth and marked which ones had come in at that time. He enjoyed it!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the fact that she has so many teeth at this point. Again, just like ManicMomma said, babies all grow at different rates. Just like your child will crawl and walk at a different time then another, so will the teeth come in differently. My son was teething since three months old, but didn't sprout one till 12 months. Some babies are even born with teeth!! Could you imagine!

I would definitely set her up an appointment though. Have fun!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I brush both my kids teeth twice a day. We use the starter tooth paste because both my kids still like to swallow it. My son is 4 and he was using the regular tooth paste but then he decided he liked beginner tooth paste better, thats fine with me as long as he is brushing his teeth!

My son went to the dentist for the first time when he was 3, every dentist I called that took my insurance wouldn't see him unless there was a concern so he had to wait until he was 3. Which he did an amazing job at the dentist way better then I thought.

I would for sure call around though if you are concerned and get an appointment setup for her! Good Luck!!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    ZaraN

Answer by ZaraN at 7:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT THEY SHOULD GO WHEN THERE AROUND TWO WHEN THEY GET MOST OF THERE TEETH IN. MY DAUGHTER IS GONNA BE TWO IN AUGUST AND HAS HER FIRST APPT TODAY. THEY NEED TO GO JUST TO GET A CHECK UP AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK. YOU SHOULD CALL AROUND AND TAKE HER IT TOOK ME TWO WEEKS TO FIND A DENTIST THAT WOLD TAKE OUR INSURANCE AND SEE HER.
    KENDRASMOMMY08

Answer by KENDRASMOMMY08 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2010