Did President Obama say that his maternal grandmother was a racist?

Can anyone fill me in on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon :29 -- I don't think any of us cares about Obama's rear end. But when he says things like this, it reveals a great deal about his character, about the person he is. He said these words. No one is making up this up. So, what does the fact that he called his maternal grandmother, the woman who helped to raise him, a "typical white woman" say about him as a person?

You may not care. But some of us do because he is the president, and he is the person who has to represent us. We want our representative (whoever that person is) to be someone of good character, someone we can be proud of.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• this is what i found...

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/obamas-trots-out-his-racist-grandmother

http://www.bigpicweblog.com/exp/index.php/weblog/comments/obamas_racism_he_calls_his_grandmother_a_typical_white_person/

So he didn't come straight out and say she is racist, but he says things that make it sound like he may think that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Thanks. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• OP here again:

This is from the links above:

"There's no getting around this: Obama's a racist. Here's the audio, via PowerLine.

The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity - she doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street, that she doesn't know, there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences, that don't go away, and that sometimes come out in the wrong way.

That's racism in its most blatant form. As a white man, I'm extremely offended by his view that there is such a thing as a "typical white person" and how certain reactions are "bred" into me. "
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• op here again:

continue:

"Obama's gone to Wright's racist church for the past 20 years because he buys into and accepts the racism preached by his best friend, the pastor Rev. Wright, who also likes to preach "God damn America."

Update 4-11-08: Additional racist words from Obama are here - from his own audiobook, as read out loud by himself. He's an utter racist. Obama makes numerous pejorative blanket statements about "white people" - he thinks white people are all the same, and he hates them."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• That was coming from what HE said though. Not what she said...

And youre a man??
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

I understand. Thanks Op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Wait! are you a man? Lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I don't think the OP is a man...
    I think it was a continuation of the quote from one of the links, which is a blog.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 6:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• WILL YALL SHUT UP ABOUT HIS ASS !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2010