Do you think that DIVORCE is contagious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have seen it happen before my social group. I think that once someone divorces, it might encourage someone else they know to go a head & divorce. When i divorced, all of a sudden...two months later 2 of my girlfriends left their husband. Now, they did have a rocky relationship & probably needed to separate. I think when they saw me do it, they thought "i think i can do it too". I honestly think that me divorcing helped them get the courage to do it too.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Uhhhh.... no.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 6:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• UHHH WHAT KNOW ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• A new study by researchers at the Universities of California, Brown and Harvard found that divorce can spread among people in the same social networks.

In simpler terms, a decision to divorce can lead to divorce among friends, family, even co-workers.

Dr. Linda Mintle, a licensed marriage and family therapist, appeard on CBN Newschannel's Morning program for more insight on the topic.

Click play to watch the interview.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Good for you, you proved us all wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• yes I do and I think it's too easy to get a divorce in this country. And I'm divorced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• no!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Years ago I was part of a play group when my kids were small. A woman had an affair and was going through a divorce. She decided for some bizarre reason to try to sleep with the husbands of all the other women in the group. Caused a lot of problems in the group, and what she was trying to do was take down a couple of marriages along with hers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No, most marriages that I have seen end in divorce have two people in it that never should have gotten together in the first place!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• "According to the study, people who have a friend who is divorcing are 147 percent more likely to get divorced themselves. Having a divorced co-worker raises a person's chances by 55 percent. And people with a divorced sibling are 22 percent more likely to split from their spouses. Researchers call it "social contagion" -- the spread of behavior or emotion through a social group."

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2010/June/Could-Divorce-Really-Be-Contagious/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2010