Is it a bad idea to sit my almost 4month old in her pushchair , if she can't sit up on her own?

I mean without the car seat bit -the back bit's not all the way up, but most of the way, so she's leaning back a little? Would this be back for her back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is a push chair a stroller? We had one that we could lay almost all the way back and our little one was in it from day 1, as long as he was laying down, strapped in, and tucked around with blankets so he didn't jostle too much when we moved him. We didn't have the kind with a car seat insert.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You shouldn't force your baby to sit up if she is not doing it on her own, what is the rush?

Answer by older at 7:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes, it is a bad idea. There is a reason all of the infant sitting toys (exersaucers, walkers, and the like) say not to put the baby in until they can sit on their own. Your baby will flop forward and bang his head on the part in front of him. If it is open to the front he can flop forward and fall out. They are surprisingly strong at that age and can flop out of anything. My first baby flopped out of her swing at 4 months and landed on the floor. Thankfully is was carpetted but I learned to be a lot more careful.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2010