Digging (2 feet deep with a shovel) safe/unsafe during 2nd trimester?

I need to dig about 2 feet into the ground, but I am wondering if this is unsafe during pregnancy. I'm in my 2nd trimester.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think it depend on you and how far you push yourself. if you are manuel digging then you can judge for yourself on if it's going to be to much. you can also judge your breaks and take them when needed. but if your one of them people that keep pushing even if your to tired that could be really unsafe when pregnant.

if you stay open to your body take breaks when needed and stay hydrateded then i don't see why there would be a problem. just listen to your body and take clues from it. i'm sure if you start hurting your going to stop.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 8:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I dug 20 post holes while i was pregnant with my second. i was a bit sore the next day but I wasnt that hard. BUt I was not high risk are anything like that. I probably could have spread out the time that I did it in and not been so sore.
    I am pregnant with my third and weeded my entire garden last week. Women do all kinds of manual labor while pregnant. Most women that I know who stayed active while pregnant had quicker labor and deliveries. Just be sure to check with your dr and to be safe and use safety precautions. Don\t get to hot taked breaks etc.
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2010