how old was ur lil one(s) before they started sleeping thru the night?

my daughter jus turned a month old & is feedingevery 4-5hr. im thankful we have somewhat of a pattern going however i go back to work in 2 weeks & would REALLY like to have her sleeping all nite w/o waking up @ 2am for a bottle. any suggestions or tricks to help?

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 7:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well they say 6 hours is sleeping through the night, but i say if i put my 11 week old down at 730 and she wakes up at 130, thats not sleeping through the night. lol. i would say 3 months to 5 months but every baby is different. it does get less and less and then one day you wake up and realize lil one is still sleeping and slept through the night.! yea!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• when we had our first, we put her down for the night at 1030-1100 and she would go a long streach sometimes untill 7. now that we have two, we just put them down the same time. dont worry it goes by fast. 4-5 hours is good at that age!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Mine always slept through the night around 7-8 weeks. I have three. I was very strict with a schedule and this works. I bollte fed. I always woke them up at 11:00 P.M. to eat before I went to bed. By the time they were eating solids I cut that 11:00 feeding out and bed time was 8:00. Be consistent.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Your baby is way too young to be sleeping through the night. Some moms get lucky and have babies that sleep long stretches at around 6 to 8 months, but most babies start sleeping through the night at around a year. My DD started sleeping through the night at 13 months and my DS started sleeping through the night at 15 months. A 1 month old NEEDS to feed at least every 4 to 5 hours. I know FF babies don't eat as often as BF babies, but still if your baby is eating every 4 to 5 hours throughout the day, she really doesn't need to miss a meal at night. Just feed her when she's hungry. She'll be walking and talking before you know it and this exhausting time will be behind you.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't count on that one! Sorry Mama.

My oldest was what is considered an EXCELLENT sleeper. He would sleep an 8 hr stretch at 3 months old. Which meant something like 7 - 3 and then up to eat and back to sleep.

However, my second child has been what is considered an NORMAL sleeper. She is going to be 9 months old soon and she just now started sleeping 8 hrs at a time.

Some Mom's get really lucky and have this wonder kids who sleep 12 hours at 2 months old. But that's definitely not the norm! Your body will get used to getting up in the night. I've been back to work since my daughter was 10 weeks and believe me, there's some nights I am up with her every 2 hours. I still managed! Good luck!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My oldest would sleep from 9pm to 4am, eat and goes back to sleep until 9 at 4 months. He did this until we got rid of the bottle at 12 months. My 2 yr old still does not sleep through the night. He wakes up at least twice a night for no reason. My 10 month old goes to bed around 8:30, wakes up normally at 3am, eats and goes back to sleep, wakes up at 6, eats and go back to sleep until 9. She has been doing that since about 2 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Every child is different and even all the tips and tricks can't help some babies sleep through the night. I was lucky with my son, at 6 weeks he was sleeping 8 hours and at 10 weeks 12 hours and still is at 21 months. I have heard of many moms trying to get their 1-2 year olds to sleep through.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Sophie started at 3-months. CJ started just recently at 5-months. Amen to that!
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 9:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• at four monthes mine usually sleep from 9 PM to 5 AM! Good luck
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• One month old and sleeping for 4-5 hours straight?? You scored. Count your blessings and be thankful you only have one middle of the night feeding.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2010