Nursing and uneven breast

Have any of you breastfeeding moms ever had a problem with one of your breast being significantly bigger than the other? Is there a way to fix it? My left breast his probably a cup and a half larger than my right. I nurse our son who is almost 8 monts old on the my right breast whenever he wants to eat but it still doesnt seem to make more milk. I've tried all the stuff people say to do drink water, eat oatmeal things like that. Is there anything else I can do? I've heard people say stuff about Fenugreek but it seems like you have to take an awful lot of pills and i hate pills. Any advice would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just because that breast in smaller doesn't mean that it is having supply issues. As you breastfeed, especially with future children, your breast can feel really soft and even deflated while you have plenty of supply. The uneven breasts just happens to some women. My MIL has a breast that is 1 cup larger than the other from breastfeeding. My breasts for even while BFing my first and second babies, but when I got pregnant with my 3rd baby my left breast became significantly larger than the right. I've been BFing for 6 months now and they are still uneven. It just happens sometimes. Unless your larger breast is engorged or unless you keep forgetting to feed off of the smaller side, there really is no way to fix it other than surgery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• You're 100% normal. You can offer the smaller side more, but think of this as being no different than being right or left handed. We ALL have a dominant side. Things will even out but you will likely forever think there's a difference. I do...but my husband tells me I'm nuts.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010