My ex son-in-law is showering with his 7 year old daughter during her weekend visits.

Is this now acceptable? It didn't use to be. I am really concerned. My daughter in law has not yet let him know that she knows. I don't want to 'push' but I think the child should not return to his house until this has been discussed. What next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would say no! I find the thought disturbing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• This is not acceptable and should not be happening, I would have her mom talk to her dad about it or question the child to get the story straight.

Answer by older at 8:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• HE SICK AS HELL EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE I DON'T CARE IF IT IS HIS DAUGHTER SEVEN YEAR OLDS THESES DAYS ARE MUCH WISER AND I AM SURE SHE IS CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT THAT IS PERTRUDING OUT OF HIS BODY.SICK SICK SICK I DON'T CARE WHO DOES'NT LIKE HOW I ANSWERED EITHER.SHE SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO GO OVER STILL WITH THAT HAPPENING OMG.IT MAY VERY WELL BE NOTHING AT ALL BUT THAT IS A FREAKING PERVERT HIS DAUGHTER COME ON NOW.
    SCOOKIH

Answer by SCOOKIH at 8:58 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• 7 years old!! are you serious!! he shouldn't even be int he shower with his daughter PERIOD!!!!! that is sick on SOOOOOO many levels! IMO that should be considered sexual abuse. she is 7 years old and is watching him take a shower!! COME ONE PEOPLE! do what you can to help her!

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• That is perverse! Call childrens services and have a serious talk with the girl to make sure that is all that happens! Not oksy at all!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• If this were me in this situation, I would make it clear to all that would listen that this is NOT ok. Your daughter needs to put an end to this now.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No, this is not acceptable. My ex called CPS on me (charges were completely unfounded) and when I told them that he was still bathing our 7 yo daughter (like washing her body/hair for her) during visitation they made him sign a safety contract saying that he would no longer do it - and he wasn't even in the bath/shower with her.

Answer by missanc at 10:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It's strange behavior to me, but was he always into taking showers with the kids? At this age I can't imagine his daughter wanting in the shower with her dad. Everyone tries to be a good parent, mostly. If nudity is the norm for a family, I bet it would make the children feel strange and embarrassed in front of their friends. Hopefully, the dad is just a little misguided and not into kinky with his daughter. If it was my son'in-law I would have a fit and tell my daughter if she doesn't stop it I will. The daughter at 7 is also old enough to talk to about this.
    debbydebit

Answer by debbydebit at 11:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• So, I should have CPS called for my 5 year old hopping in the shower with me too?

I agree it's not the norm, but if nudity is normal (like it is around here- oh, there goes my 3 year old streaking through the LR again!) then why would you jump to the conclusion that it means anything more? If the child is not expressing abuse, or has not eluded to it, why is that the first thing you think of?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My family regularly showered together at different times when I was young - at least if we were at a hotel or something where showers had to be doen really quickly. If it is making his daughter uncomfortable, then it should stop, but if not - who really cares? It's not any of your business.
    DDDaysh

Answer by DDDaysh at 4:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2010