What do you use for cradle cap?

kipsmom2010

Asked by kipsmom2010 at 8:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used olive olive oil. i put some in his brush and just brushe it in his head and it comes right out. When It was bad I would put some on my hands and rub it in and let it sit for a few minutes before i brushed it through. It works better than anything I had tried before
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 8:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• selsym blue worked great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i only had 1 out of 5 babies with cradle cap. it turns out she has a coconut allergy, so it went away when i quit using cocnut.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Olive oil. Work it in, let it sit, comb the hair with a fine tooth comb (backwards working against the way the hair grows) then wash it out really well. That kept it under control for us.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Head and shoulders shampoo! (best advice I recieved by far!) Just be careful not to get it in the babies eyes. My doctor recommended it to me and within a couple days of using it. It hasn't come back and it's been a couple months now.
    Brittni.

Answer by Brittni. at 10:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• if you ask any doctor, they will tell you DO NOT put oil on the babies head! Cradles cap is actually too much oil in the scalp not dryness! You are supposed to wash the head with baby shampoo, and use a baby brush to comb away the cap! Like some said Haed and shoulders, and let it dry, and brush it gently away :) Please stay away from oil!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Use your nails and scrub but scrub gently as to pull the crap off and I used baby oil!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I tried baby oil, cradle cap care shampoo, and head and shoulders. Neither worked. I fought i quarter size spot for 4 months. Finally a single dad told me to use vegetable oil. I did and in 2 treatments it was gone and hasnt been back :) That was almost 6 months ago.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have never heard that it is bc the scalp is to oil. Oil is what will help with that bc is it dryness.!!!!!
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 2:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• breast milk, dabbed it on generously with cotton wool a couple of times a day and brushed it off gently afterwards, after 2 days it was gone... and she had it bad on her face aswell
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2010