lost mucus plug...how long before real labor begins.

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• could be a day could be 3 weeks. 1st daugeter came 3 days after i lost it and 2nd came 3 weeks.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Could be weeks or minutes. Don't get too excited! :-) Hang in there!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• one time i saw mine, and i had my baby 2 hours later, but my water had broken as well.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I went into full blown labor with my first within 24 hours. Took me over 2 weeks to go into labor with my 2nd. And with my third, I didn't loose it until I was like 4 cm dilated (I was already in the hospital). My OB had also stripped my membranes with #1, so that might have played a role in my labor starting (I was a week overdue).

It's important to remember that the mucus plug can regenerate itself, so loosing it is really no indication that labor is on the horizon. Just that your body is prepping for the big day!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It could be hours or it could be weeks. I lost mine and didn't have the baby til 2 weeks later but my MIL said that with all three of her kids she lost her mucus plug within hours of her going into labor. Just be alert and make sure your bags are packed but don't get too anxious. Try to enjoy what little time your gonna have for yourself before the baby arrives.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 10:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i lost my plug 3 times before i went into labor. the plug can regenerate
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2010