Need help with decorating tips! Please Help!!!

I went out of town for a few days and then came back to a "Walmart/Nursery Blue" wall in my living room. It looks horrible with my furniture and decorations! Nothing I have goes with this this color. I really need to try to make this work b/c DH was really trying to be nice and surprise me. What can I do to make this work???

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 9:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try mixing it with a dark brown, you could use pillows with the brown and blue theme, or maybe paint a focus wall with the brown.

Answer by older at 9:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Did you tell him you like it? I think I would be super nice and tell him that you aren't a fan of that color. What color is your furniture? If you dont tell him the truth he may suprise you with the kitchen next...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• In regards to the PP. Yes I did tell him I did not like it. He said he was sorry and that he was trying to surprise me. The original color was a deep red. My furniture/decorations are brown with red accents. More of a rustic/warm feel to it. I do like the color alone and it really brightens the room, but in my living room and with all my stuff, it doesn't go at all. I would like to make it work, but, I just don't know what to do.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 9:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• YOu can switch out the red accents to blue and some cream accents they will look good with brown.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Hi Joanna. You could make pillow covers for your accent pillows. You could make blue window coverings. My sister is good at this. You want me to bring her over and we could all figure it out together?
    friscomomtotwo

Answer by friscomomtotwo at 8:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010