Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter and I need help or info.

I am a 19 yr old mother with a 3 yr old gal. I have been jumpin around several places and have no permanent home. I have no finance so i cant get a babysitter or few things i need, as well as a job. I called housing authorities and they said they are closed. Im trying to do what i can, I also have no family that can help. Can anyone help me out on info i might not have looked over?

Answer Question

Asked by Unluckytucker at 9:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Call social service, they should be able to provide housing for your self and your baby. They have programs to help you get on your feet. It will be hard but you can do it.

    Where I live, they help for a year, they pay your rent and usually they help with day care. Don't be afraid to ask for help, you will be ok, pantrys will give you diapers, formula.

    You can do it, work hard and you will succeed.

    Good luck!! Don't give up keep calling they don't tell you everything but someone will be kind enough to tell you what is available.

    Answer by KFree907 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

  • family and childrens services! Plus find a church and pray! Good luck!

    Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

  • Call the Homeless Coalition in your area. They can get you put at the top of the list for housing. In our area they just build new apts just for the homeless families. So just call and see what options are available in your community.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

  • Contact your local Social Services office. They can help with food stamps, jobs, homes, etc. They will be able to get you into the right direction. Also look up online at your local government website ( for example) and look into government agencies that can help. WIC can provide a list of food shelters, clothing shelters, etc.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

  • Most places do not allow assistance without permanent address

    My local housing coalition/authorities said they cant help they are closed.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.