father's day would you go out of your way if...

mother's day was nearly the worst day of my life. not the worst mother's day but the worst day. i was so ready to divorce, i looked up how to divorce without hiring a lawyer, and looked into time lines and other laws for my state.
i have been trying to decide what to do for father's day without spending money when it all of a sudden dawned on me how awful my mother's day was.
would you go out of your way to make it a special day for your husband even if he went out of his way to ruin your day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm Sorry you had a bad Mother's Day! I've had plenty. This one being so ill with Breast Cancer!!! Only you know what's in your heart and what feels right for you! I'm wishing it all works out for the best.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It is about the kids, is he a good father?

It is fathers day, don't ruin it for your kids. Forgiving is hard, but being the bigger person for your kids is better then getting even. Make a cake, nice dinner and have the kids make something.

Don't make it horrible for your kids sake, you can be the bigger person. Your a mom!!! Sorry your mothers day was horrible. From one mom to another... Happy Mothers Day and many more...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes I would. I believe in treating others better than they treat you. You want him to treat you right, you won't get that if you retaliate. It only breeds spiteful feelings
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It's about him as a father, not him as a husband. Get your kids involved, but that doesn't mean you have to be involved.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I struggled with this too. My dh never acknowledges me on Mother's Day or my b-day. But we are working on thongs so even though he still didn't get me anything I got him a nice grill set (he's been hinting he wants one). So maybe I'll have a nice b-day this year lol. I agree, be the bigger person, let the kids do something for him. That's what it's about.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2010