I had my baby by c-section. I've heard it's harder to get muscle definition in your stomach back when this happens? I've also heard it's even more difficult when the cut the muscle?? Does anyone have any feedback on this? I had my baby 9 months ago and work out very regulary, and I'm back to my exact weight before I got pregnant, but having trouble with my abs?? HELP!

CarsonsMom_913

Asked by CarsonsMom_913 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• first of all a c section isnt just "having a baby" its major abdominal surgery. you said "when they cut muscle" hon they all do everytime. they cut thru the skin fat muscle, to ge to the uterus which is a big muscle. when you have a baby that skin can stretch and may not go back, depends on the shape it was prebaby.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I've had 3 c-sections. My dr said the only way to get the abs back is with a tummy tuck.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• @Anon 9:52 That was very encouraging. I too am back to prebaby weight , c-sections both times and just starting to work out again. I feel like I am going to have a problem with my tummy but I am hopeful that with a lot of work it will go back to normal.

Good luck OP!
    Cafe Chastity

Answer by Cafe Chastity at 9:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I have lost 68 lbs. and the one place that is hardly going down is the upper abs. OMG it's torture and very discouraging to say the least. I won't re-gain feeling where they cut with the c-section, but I noticed that perhaps scar tissue or whatnot has made the upper part of my tummy a but more swollen, and the lower part only is what started to go down. I hate it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It depends on how they cut you, and how well you healed. I've been told by personal trainers and Drs that the only way I can fix it is to have surgery.

But, this isn't true for everyone, so just keep trying, and good luck! :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I didn't notice a difference in toning my abs back up between my csection and my vaginal deliveries. Either way, those muscles have been stretched out and take some serious work to get back in shape! After each of my 4 kids, my tummy was the last place I got back in shape.

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2010