Given recent events do you believe the United States government and/or its agencies are doing enough to protect America from terrorist attacks?

I need at least 10 people to answer this for me....It is for a homework assignment and someone told me if I put it here I would probably get better results.

Yozhick

Asked by Yozhick at 10:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Our crumbling infrastructure is the biggest national security issue.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No it's not doing enough. We are soo worried about being politically correct all the time that we are going to welcome them with open arms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No, I really don't. We have undocumented people getting in the country every day. It's the most racist thing I've ever heard. They profile at airports, let people who are on watchlists on planes. But if we want to do anything about the people streaming into our country day after day, we're racists.

Our government is incompetent, and what's worse, they're belligerant about it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• NOPE.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My dh works for military intel. I can say, without a doubt, that there are thousands of people working very hard to do everything they can to protect us from other attacks.

But, there are restrictions - interpretations of laws, political wrangling on both sides, and, frankly, resource and technology restrictions that make it an imperfect system.

Not to mention the problem that we have to be right every time, the terrorist only has to be right once...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• OP What "recent events" are you referring to?
    Anonymous

• sailorwifenmom, I have no doubt that the military is doing everything in its power to do everything they can to ensure our safety. And I appreciate that more than I express here.

I am very concerned that the government is working to restrict the power that the military has to do its job effectively. So, no, I don't think we are doing enough to protect ourselves. But that fault resides with the government, not the military.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes. There always have been and there always will be nutballs that want to cause terror. Sometimes they will succeed. However, in order for us to live free lives in our society per the constitution, I am happy that they are limited in what they can do.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I feel we are equipped for most circumstances and hope that another 9/11 never happens. That was such a calculated attack that I feel could have been prevented. I believe our military is stronger now and our citizens capable of rallying together in times of crisis. So yes, I do feel we're prepared. The incident in Times Square is proof, that many citizens (& law enforcement) are keenly aware of what's going on around them.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2010