Do you use salon bought hair product? If not why? If so why?

Hi, maybe it is because I am a hairstylist,, but I notice an awful lof of people use drugstore shampoo and conditioner on their hair. I have tried them,, and honestly they make my head itch and my hair feel gummy! I am all about saving money, but couldn't live with out my Redken! Just curious about what you all use!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 10:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am allergic to Pantene - it gives me a rash that won't go away until I stop using it. When I was younger I could use the herbal shampoos and conditioners with good results. Now if I don't use the salon products my hair is weak and frizzy and breaks easily. I get good results with Paul Mitchell conditioner. I also like Redken Extreme Rescue conditioner once in a while, and I just tried the Joico conditioner and leave-in conditioner. My hair is much softer and I am happier with it.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I use Suave and Aussie now. I used Burt's Bees in the past,but its so expensive! I see little difference between salon and drugstore brands.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I use Suave Daily Clarifying on my hair. It's cheap and it's the only thing that doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy and gross. I hate when they want to wash my hair at the salon. It always feels icky when I leave and I have to go home and take a shower to get all the crap out of my hair (and half the time it's just the shampoo and conditioner they used). I don't use conditioner or any other products ever.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I am on Pantene right now...I change about 3 times a year or my hair will start to feel the same as yours. Usually it's Pantene, Aussie, and Dove. Spending $18 on shampoo is crazy so I will sometimes go to the Beauty supply store and get the generic versions.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I use Lush Seanik solid shampoo and American Cream or Veganese conditioner.  They are the BEST hair products that I have ever used and although they are expensive they also go a long way.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I use the Nioxin from the salon but when I want my hair to smell nice I use Pantene.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have not found anything Great since Original Ivory Shampoo & conditioner. It made my hair so Beautiful. One day when I had 46 hair compliments! My DD got me some Original Ivory for my last Birthday. I last used in in April to try to save my Hair from Chemo. I was saving the rest of my Stash. But DH who's nearly bald used most of it when I saw it. Now I don't know what to use once I get hair back! But being Jobless, Down on our luck is why I can't use expensive products! I miss my hair. But if Proctor & Gamble would bring back original Ivory. I think many people would be surprised and Happy. But that's a Dream! I sure Love hair and so miss mine... I don't know what I will use ever again.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I use Aveda, won't use anything else on my hair. (Not only does it make my hair look and feel great, they are an environmentally responsible company.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I use TreSemme and Dove.
    I have tried some of the various hair salon shampoo/conditioners and they were horrible in my hair! I won't ever waste my money on them again.
    Where I go to get my haircut I get a different gal each time when I just walk in without an appointment and I will pointedly ask them how my hair feels like it's doing to them. They always say that whatever I am using to keep right on using it because my hair feels healthy and wonderful....it is never coated or dried out.
    Of course, I don't ever use hairspray, styling products, heating products (not even a blow dryer), or coloring on my hair.
    I have gorgeous, healthy, natural hair!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010