dd is sick

my daughter has had a fever since yesterday, it went up to 101.1 last night. i gave her some medicine so she didnt get worse over night seems to be working. my question is...how long should i wait to take her to the doctor? i called her doctor and they said that it is entirely up to me when to have her seen. (this is a new doc) and when i asked them how much of the medicine to give her they said a full dose. even though she doesnt meet the weight requirements for the full dose. the pharmacist last night said to give her half since shes a couple pounds under. so when should i call the doc back? and would you give the half dose still or go with the full dose? shes 3 by the way. thanks in advance and sorry its so long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/children/parents/common/common/069.html

This has lots of good info. Try not to worry. He fever is low and she is 3, so, not bad really. She may not even need medicine. It really depends on how she is acting.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• when it comes to meds, i would trust the pharmacist before the doctor.
    personally, i would not medicate or go see the doctor.
    i would keep her hydrated, comfortable and give her extra loving!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I USUALLY DONT GIVE MEDS BUT IT WAS NIGHT TIME AND SHE HAS GONE TO BED WITH A LOW FEVER AND WOKE UP AT 105.00 SO I GIVE THEM AT BED TIME. AND SHES ALWAYS HYDRATED. SHE DRINKS ALOT OF WATER AND MILK. ALL DAY WATER AND MILK. BUT THANKS LADIES
    Anonymous