Is the nurse right? (Breastfeeding question)

She says that after the 1 year and a half mother's milk no longer have the same nutrients and that I should supplement with cows milk or any other milk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i believe it is true that the nutrients change, but it is my understanding that the milk changes to meet your child's changing needs. so there is no need to supplement. i think i might look into this though. did you check kellymom?
    after a year my kids breast fed less often and ate more food. we never gave cows milk or any other milk.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No. That doesn't even makes sense. After a yr a woman's body suddenly says I'm going to make cruddy milk now?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• no,thats not true at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• PP thank you so much.

Since I don't have the medical knowledge I wanted to check on what other moms might think of this. A friend of my MIL was with me and she seems to agree with the nurse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Hahahahaha...absolutely false info. As long as you make it and they drink it, it will still be nutritious for them. Cow's milk is for cows. They can still have it until they are 5 and it is still exactly the same nutrition wise for them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• OP above ^ sorry forgot to write it. "OP"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Where did she get her degree...Cracker Jack box?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• after a year my kids breast fed less often and ate more food. we never gave cows milk or any other milk.

I'm getting criticized by my MIL's friend because I don't want to give my son milk. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• "cow's milk " it's what I meant. OP
    Anonymous

• Sad to hear she said that and will be telling other people that as well, no doubt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2010