Newly Empty Nester looking for a Spa / Fitness Vacation Getaway. Will take the hubby if they have golf. Prefer Texas of Arizona. Would love personal recommendations

EmptyNest2010

Asked by EmptyNest2010 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Travel

• How do you feel about Cabo San Lucas? We just got back from vacation there we rented a timeshare at Cabo Villas off of Ebay,, they had a great Spa,, the massage was to die for,, it is on the beach and Cabo has some of the best golf in the world! The timeshare was amazing and had a fridge and stove top. It honestly had everything both hubby and I wanted,, you can PM me if you want some more details..
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Westin Hotels/Resorts has a very nice location on the north side of San Antonio, Texas. Golf,spa,etc.Also there is shopping at LaCanterra mall. Fiesta Texas is close by.
    Anonymous

• Having lived in Arizona for about 30 years, I would recommend anything in Scottsdale, northern area of Phoenix or Tucson (northwest area of Tucson or extreme east side). The summer heat makes rates more affordable this time of year. Google those areas and see what comes up. The areas have beautiful mountains to view, plenty of shopping and great restaurants. Spas are available at most resorts. Have fun!
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 12:19 AM on Jun. 19, 2010

• You should contact a Spa/Golf travel specialist, they are so connected and have usually experienced so many of these destinations believe it not they even have certifications on this type of vacation. Try TripWitt.com and type in Spa or Golf in the search box.
    TripWitt

Answer by TripWitt at 9:36 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• I live in Austin and all of the spas I've been to personally on Lake Travis were very nice.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010