Determining pregnancy with blood test

Okay, so I think I am pregnant, but havent taken any tests yet. Im hoping to find out before father's day because that would be awesome to give that for a father's day gift! :P would a blood test pick up being pregnant only a few weeks into it?

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 10:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• "

What is a pregnancy blood test?

A pregnancy blood test or a pregnancy serum test is a test that measures the exact amount of the pregnancy hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), in the bloodstream.

Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a hormone that is produced by the placenta. It is detectable in the blood and urine within 10 days of fertilization (1 to 2 days after implantation).

There are two different pregnancy blood tests to measure human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)."

Babyhopes.com

Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 10:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Are you late a bit? You can be late a couple of days and the good old fashioned pee test will work,, if not yes a blood test will tell you right now,, hoping for the best for you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes, I think it can detect it 8-12 days in. That being said, I was 4 weeks pregnant and a blood test didn't pick it up. But, that's pretty rare and they are usually very accurate.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2010