Hypnobirthing

Has anyone here ever used this method? What did you think of it?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used Hypnobabies.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED it!! I would recommend it to ANYONE! It helped so much. I don't remember feeling much pain during my labor...just pressure which is what Hypnobabies teaches you to do. I also had a doula who is a Hypnobabies instructor and she was WONDERFUL in helping me implament Hypnobabies at the hospital.

The nurses helped us get all my Cd's put in and were very respectful of our wishes when it came to Hypnobabies.

TRY IT, IT'S WONDERFUL!
    Anonymous

• I was able to use it when I labored at home and loved it. But once I stepped foot in the hospital it was so chaotic that I could not concentrate.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have not used this method specifically. A friend of mine recommended it highly. I took a childbirth class that was more of a wholistic approach and did focus on natural childbirth but not this specific method. Of course, both my friend and I ended up with 48 hour + labors and emergency c-sections. But at least it wasn't for lack of trying!

I think if you're interested in natural birth, the most important things to do are 1) take a class that allows you to talk with other women or couples about your concerns and fears, to support each other and get informed... 2) to read on different methods/approaches or even just accounts of birth.. there are tons out there and 3) get a labor support person (doula) to help you (and your SO).

Hopefully someone will have more info for you on Hypnobirthing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I used some of the breathing techniques and they helped some but I still ended up with an epidural eventually. It wasn't a magic eraser for pain but it did help me focus and breather thru.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I learned a lot about HYPNOBIRTHING here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/25400.

Anonymous

• I think it sounds wonderful and I have heard great reviews!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:43 AM on Jun. 18, 2010