What vaccines are ok vs ones that could cause problems?

Which vaccines cause problems and what age ( if this makes a difference ) should they be given? I have not gotten any yet and my baby is 3 mo. old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd has autism and I have been worried about vaccines for a while now too. My dd has had everyone required when it was required.

And I always worried that I had made a mistake.

Until one of my mothers friends had a granddaughter diagnosed with severe autism and this little girl has NEVER HAD ANY VACCINES at all!

It changed my view. I still think no one really knows, you do what you feel is best and hope that things go well. If you Dr says these vaccines are safe and you trust you Dr then get your baby the vaccines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• If you are concerned you need to discuss with your doctor a delayed vaccine schedule. Every child will react differently to the vaccines so there is no one size fits all to this question. Anon:53 thank you for showing my point I have tried to make time and time again. I hear autism and vaccines so much yet when you ask well then how do you explain a child who has never received a single vaccine being autistic? no one will answer that question.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Immunization is definitely necessary against mumps.

Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 10:58 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Optional Vaccines and Alternative Schedules

None of these vaccines is optional though. According to the CDC, if more parents begin to adopt alternative vaccine schedules and not give their kids some or all of these vaccines, then many of these vaccine preventable illnesses, including measles and pertussis, "would increase to pre-vaccine levels."

Unvaccinated children and those who are not fully vaccinated also pose a risk to infants who haven't completed their first series of immunizations and children who have immune system disorders.

Vaccines are important. If you are worried about your child's vaccines or have become confused about any misconceptions about vaccines you have read about, be sure to talk to your pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My children have had all their vaccines and never had a problem with any of them.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My son will be one in 11days. He has had all the shots they recommend for his age. (except flu, i didnt do that one). If you are worried do some research and find info on the link between shots and autism or the lack of a link. I have found lots of info on both sides of the spectrum. I have researched both. Im not saying there isnt a link, but i chose to vaccinate.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given

Do your own research, and draw your own conclusions.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2010