My water never broke...

Hi Ladies,
So I am curious... Did any of you experience this??

I went into the hospital with contractions and after a few hours they attempted to break my water, but there was no "sac" to break. They asked me if I was sure my water didnt break, and I said that I never noticed anything. The baby's head was like a plug that was holding all the water up behind him. Did that happen to any of you??? It was so weird...

thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was induced so they broke my water in the hospital! Thats never happened to me! :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• With my first I had some water come out and just keep leaking through out my whole labor. When she came out. There was a big gush. She was blocking lots of it from coming out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• nope, mine all came out in gushes before i went in.... not fun lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 11:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• with dd they broeke my water. with ds my water broke on its own
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My water broke with 3 of mine and I had it broken with 1. I have heard of that happening tho!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 11:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I had 2 sacs apparently.... the dr. said it happens sometimes.... the first broke in the hospital when I was in the bathroom, the other right before I started pushing..... It was gross because with every contraction some came out and when I first started pushing it squirted out lol I thought I had peed at first lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My youngest was born with the sac intact, which sounds very different from what happened with you.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It MUST have already broken because you HAVE to have a sac or your baby wouldn't have lived in the womb. The sac protects the baby and allows it to grow.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like your water did break, but the baby's head was a cork. That happens. Usually when baby-mom moves some fluid leaks out though.

Moms can have their baby's born in the sac intact, so no, it never *has* to break, but yours did without you noticing. ;- /

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes June_Mama, there are 2 layers of sacs-- that is normal, too!
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010