Baby sticks out his tongue???

My son is 4 months and he has been sticking out his tongue a lot lately...

What does that mean?? Why is he doing that? First time mom here... silly question I know, but its so strange that he just keeps sticking his tongue out all day...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ha, ya know i dont know if it means anything or not, but I do know a few friends of mine whose babies are the same way, tongue is out all the time. every picture they have of them its just drool city cuz the tongue is out all the time. I dont think you have too much to worry about, just stock up on bibs!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• He has discovered it! just as they soon discover their hands and feet and so on, nothing to worry about.

Answer by older at 11:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Sometimes the tongue is just to big for the mouth lol' No biggie they grow into it and or like someone said he found it...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Our 7 month old has been doing this for months!!! It's his knew toy LOL.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 11:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My 3 month old did that for a couple of weeks. He seems to have gotten bored with it now =)
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Its all developmental and has nothing to do with his tounge being to big lol thats silly. They learn that its there and what they can do with it. My daughter just turned 9 weeks and she has been doing this for a few weeks now off and on. Now shes talking or cooing more then anything now. They grow so quick :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2010