I know its not a yeast infection but still sore, itchy, and burning, What could it be?

I know its not a yeast infection but it feels like it.. its just really sore and a little red, but no discharge.. Ive tried some OTC creams and treatments and nothings working.. If im just sitting here its fine but if i need to go pee, when i wipe it hurts!!!! What do I do?? What is it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Health

• It could be a bacterial infection, which is different than yeast. Those need to be treated by a doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I agree with sleeping beautee
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I agree with PP. It could also be a urinary tract infection. I had on sooo bad one time that my whole area down there was irritated kind of how your describing. Went to the doc thinking it was something major and it was just my bodies reaction to the UTI. Call your doc and get in as soon as you can. More than likely it won't go away on it's own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It could be bacterial vaginosis, which is basically the opposite of a yeast infection, it is when the balance is too far off the other way. I use garlic to treat both yeast and BV. It basically gives you a clean slate to start from.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It could be a lot of things, including and STD if you've been sexually active. Whatever it is, it needs to be diagnosed by a dr.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2010