How do I get rid of our dog (pug) without ruining my marriage, it smells sheds hair snores very loud and I'm tired of taking care of this dog, I"M almost 60 years old

Three years ago my husband bought me a pug, a year and a half later I stat to notice dog fur was everywhere on the stove in the refrigerator on the counter top. when we first got the puppy we lived in a one bedroom apartment, we just moved into a four bedroom house now there is more dog fur the smells are bigger, we didn't do our home work when we purchased the dog, we didn't know about brushing the dog, bathing the dog and washing the face and ears daily. After we moved packing and unpacking I was to tired to tend to the dog, but I felt it coming before this, after working ten hours a day I come home to cook dinner, in the kitchen there is dog fur on the stove in the refrigerator on the counter tops, it turns me off and makes me sick at the stomach, some men don't understand the importance of a clean kitchen, when I tell my husband that I'm going to get rid of the dog he gets angry and a argument starts. Please Hepl

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pets

• aw, pugs are GREAT family dogs. I understand not for everyone though... Just don;t take her/him to the pound. Try to find your dog a new home maybe through craigslist or the paper. If you are depserate call pug rescue or another RESCUE for dogs. They are no kill.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• If your husband wants to keep the pug, maybe try telling HIM to cleans his/her face and brush it. You also do not have to clean the pugs face EVRYDAY (I own a couple wrinkle face dogs.) I clean mine once a weeka nd they are fine as long as they don;t get wet. If your dog's face is smelling, try putting a little benzoyl peroxide in the wrinkles to help absorb moisture and keep away yeast infections. You can also use stridex pads.
    Good Luck!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Well craigslist is full of dogs who's owners that didn't do research on the pet they agreed to make part of the family. Shelters are too. Sad. Have your husband help with the care or let the dog become another homeless pet with the future unknown.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Take him to get groomed on a regular basis. Most groomers you can drop the dog off & pick up after work.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2010