how to help 11 year old daughter with her period.

how do you help daughter with her period and all her questions ? she recently started 4 months ago. had her period one time and not again since then. very emotional...well has been for a long time thats how i new it was around the corner that she was going to start.just looking for alittle advice in this.. thank you moms

stacyof3

Asked by stacyof3 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Start by asking her what she knows, correct the misinformation, and fill in the blanks. There is NOTHING, I repeat ***NOTHING*** about the mechanics of sex that she should not know at this point. You need to be open and frank with her.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would be sure that she knows she can ask you anything. Teach her how to dispose of stuff properly..especially at a guests house. there is nothing you cna do about moodiness im afraid!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Just be there for her. Help her in understanding it's nothing to be embarrassed about and how to properly care for herself explaining step by step how to go about it. It's so much different than what she's used to. Now she has to shave,wear deodrant,carry around a small bag of pads,wear a bra ect...I can imagine she's going thru alot. My daughter did and it will pass. I would explain to her now that she's gotten her period she can get pregnant make sure you touch on that subject. Most of all teach her to respect herself and her body. I would get her some midol pms sometimes that helps you be in a better mood as well your grouchy cuz your cramping. I just would not go tell her friends parents or ur parents or hubby keep it between you so she knows she can trust you.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2010