My 3 year old daughter's attitude is off the charts crazy, what do I do?

My daughter is 3 1/2 and since she turned 3 she has been horrible to me. Her attitude is crazy. I can ask her something and she will return with looking at me with this look of duh mom and than say something in a tone of voice and a look that is just not what you want from a 3 year old. What do I do to stop this? I put so many good things into her including manners and they have just disapeared.

jencantrell

Asked by jencantrell at 11:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow, I am so with you! My daughter has become this little monster...I am stern and follow through but still, I get this severe attitude, then my oldest daughter is 7 and see's this, then her attitude changes tremendously......If you figure out something that we haven't tried, please let me know.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 11:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My son is 3 1/2 also. He totally skipped "Terrible Twos", but about two weeks after he turned 3 he became a JACKASS. Doesn't listen, doesn't care about any punishment, learned the word "No" from preschool... he has went insane.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 12:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Send her to grandma's house. I've noticed with my grandchildren if I take them alone for a day and we focus on them they thrive with the attention. My granddaughter Karlie is a complete handful for her mother. She use to call everyone bullshit, but at 5 has finally quit that. That was sure embarrassing. Also, have a quiet time of no tv...or computers...just some read a book, color time. Kids are on overload of stimulation these days. Sorry, it all just requires more mommy time for the kids. Good luck.
    debbydebit

Answer by debbydebit at 12:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010