Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does it take

to be able to have my dad marry us? Is it just an online application? I would like fo rhim to act as the "preacher" Is it a fed or a state thing? I'm in Illinois.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (3)
  • I really have no idea but you can probably ask any priest/preacher. They'll probably be able to tell you. Good luck!

    Answer by renea20 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

  • There are a TON of places that you can get ordained online (and it's legal) here is one site
    They will ordain you for free and then you would need to order some credentials just so that you can prove it's legit. is the link for Illinois specific info. It does mention you would need to get the credentials to register as an ordained minister. (the cheap certificate is 4.99 and the letter of good standing is 14.99)

    Answer by Pumelo at 1:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

  • You can check with your County Clerk at the courthouse to make sure the marriage is binding if done by your father as they are the ones who issue marriage licenses. I would think you could google onlien ordination and find lots of resources.

    Answer by MaryMW at 3:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.