How to entertain a senory problem child?

I joined this site today to get some help and so forth on watchin my brothers. I need some advice on my 4 yearold little brother.

He is Hydrocyphlus, ADHD, Sensory Problem, and Cebrel Palsy and he doesnt use his right hand or arm. He is constanly on the go ALL the time. He won't be still for no longer then 5 minutes, if that long.
I need some advice on how to calm him down, or if there is some activities that we could try that he might be interested in.
Thanks so much :)

angeleyes799

Asked by angeleyes799 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• http://esl.about.com/od/englishlessonplans/a/braingym.htm    Try some of the exercises in Brain Gym. Especially the hook-ups. These are different techniques and exercises to engage the right and left side of the brain and encourage calmness. 

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Have you tried a weighted vest/blanket? If he is involved in OT you could ask the therapist what weight is appropriate for him.

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010