Child's Birthday party question.

My son (turning 4) wants his birthday party at a children's museum. I found a party package I like that includes 12 children and 4 adults. Extra adults are free, unless they want to attend the planetarium show. I would like to keep costs down. These days 1-2 parents seem to attend the parties with their children. Is there a way to nicely let them know on the invite that if they want stay for the party and attend the planetarium show, they have to pay for their own planetarium ticket? I believe it would be $5 per extra adult. I would much rather put any extra monies towards goody bags and fun for the kids, since it is for the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• Just simply add to the invite, "Planetarium show for parents who wish to attend is $5.00" No sense beating around the bush and I can't see anyone being offended or not attending because of it. And here is something else I do with my youngest and did with my oldest. Parties are soooooo expensive so my kids get a party every second year. The party is a big event. On the off years, they get a special day. They get to choose what to eat for dinner, or to go out. Of course they get gifts from family and they get called in sick to school and I don't work and we have a special day together. This year my son and I will attend the Cirque Du Soliel. My daughter and I often had days at the spa, and last year a road trip to a concert. The day is still special and keeps the costs down.
    Lovelylise

Answer by Lovelylise at 12:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2010