Is anyone a multi generational victim of incest with a daughter who is also?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Health

• Umm...no.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!
    Anonymous

• I am, to part of your question. I was sexually abused by my grandfather (mother's father). My mother had been abused by him growing up as well. When I told her, she reported him to the police right away. She had tried to tell someone when she was growing up, but they didn't believe her and told her that she didn't need to be talking about that sort of thing (sadly, the person she told was her Dr when she was sick in the hospital as a young teen).

I did ask her once why she took us around him when she knew what he was. She explained that it was because, growing up, he had convinced her that the reason it happened was because she was bad - it was her fault. But, we were her little girls, and she knew we were good, so we were safe...

If you want to talk, you can pm me.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• anon, I don't know if this person is a troll or not, but I know from my own personal experience that this sort of thing does happen. I considered not posting my name, because this is a very personal subject about a very painful time in my life. But I didn't for two reasons. One, the person who wrote might need someone to listen, and if they want to contact me they can. The other reason is because, as painful as it is, I have nothing to be ashamed of - I did nothing wrong - and I hope that other victims of abuse know they didn't do anything wrong, either - and they, too, have nothing to be ashamed of!

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I think you need to add more to your question,,Do you mean your daughter is a product of incest? Or she has been molested by a relative? I would think that the ther are alot of Mom's who have been through the latter.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• to the OP. my answer is yes. i fully understand this issue from several angles.

i usually check in for an hour or so each day, in the mornings. if you need to, you can contact me.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 12:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My daughter was molested by her father. She is 23 now, in denial about how this has affected her, is now refusing to be in contact with me and denying her need to control EVERYTHING is not a factor (even tho I removed her and two brothers from the situation when she was 10 as soon as I learned it was going on) I was molested by my father, my mother or her sister may have been molested, their mother was molested by a family member.
    HisLambPlus3

Answer by HisLambPlus3 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2010