I just want to know what everyone else would do....

I had my first period in many years this week (it started last sat). I went to my doctor this morning and she said since i want to ttc it would be worth a try to try around the 26th. My concerns were that with this being my first period in so long that i could miscarry if i were to get pregnant. Her concerns were that i may not have another period (because i took meds to get this one) and i may as well just give it a shot with this one and if i dont get pregnant then start bc pills around july 12th to try to get a normal period. So my question is..would you go ahead and try this month or would you just wait until you take birth control pills and start having normal periods and then stop them once your period is normal so that you could ttc. For some reason i'm just a little iffy about trying this month with it being my first period in so long. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? if no, what would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If I were you I'd at least give it a try. If it works it works if not then you can at least say you tried. Good luck :)
    Stacybailey519

Answer by Stacybailey519 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would try this month. There is no guarentee that the birth control pills are going to give you are normal cycle and just because you haven't had a cycle in a while doesn't mean that you will miscarry.

It just means that you may have an extra thick uterine lining which isn't a bad thing when an egg is trying to implant. I would suggest that you get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility because when doctor's give you an "ovulation date" they are going off the idea that all women either ovulate around the 14th day of their cycle or 14 days before the start of the next one. That is NOT true for MOST women.

SInce you don't have normal period charting your cervical mucus will be EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
    Anonymous

• I would try this month since it can't hurt and you did see AF. I haven't had AF in a year and a half and also sstarted on Saturday. What helped me was Vitex. I'm not sure why you haven't seen AF but you might wantt to talk to your dr to see if this might be an option for you. GL
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• It was from taking the depo shot.
    Anonymous

• i would use condoms for a few months. i would put a lot of focus on eating right and exercising. i would focus on optimizing my health, and hope that my period comes on its own. i might see a chiropractor regularly, i might consult with a homeopath too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Why would she use condoms if she WANTS to get pregnant?

Even if she gets to be 100% heathy there is no guarentee her cycles will return on their own.
    Anonymous

• I am 100% healthy all my blood work came back great. I have changed my eating habits over the last 6 months too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• anon :19 condoms because she feels iffy about getting pregnant this soon. i am a big fan of following your gut!
    if you are 100% healthy, you will have a regular cycle.
    maybe we define 100% healthy differently. to me, 100% healthy means your body is doing what it is supposed to do. what does it mean to you?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2010