If your DH/SO did this, what would you think?

If you walked in on your DH on the laptop and saw him quickly close a chat window with a female profile, and then when you asked about it he told he was surfing (and irrelavant) website, and then when you said 'No what where you doing?' and he said 'None of your business I was having a private conversation'-

What would your reaction be? What would you think? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I would tell my husband that he's married to me, so he doesn't have a right to private conversations with other women. I would tell him that he had better show me exactly what that chat was about, or I'd make him wish he did, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would think he has something to hide! and I would go and find out what it was first chance I got! then take it from there.....

Answer by older at 12:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Lol, I'd tell him if it was none of my business then we shouldn't be married and i'd start packing his stuff.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i would say well, since i'm your wife there are no private conversations in this house, especialy with other women, so tell me "what where you doing?"
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i would blow it off, or at least let him think i blew it off
    so...i could watch him more closely
    if he knows you are on to him, he will hide it better

he is not doing something that he is sharing with you, he snapped at you (cheaters blame the non cheater)

look into the detective wives club on here group

sounds like you need it

sorry for you, i have been there
    trust your instincts, do not make excuses for this or talk yourself out of what is in front of your face
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would go into the compurter history and see who is was talking too,,and if you can't I would demand to see who he was talking too,, You probably need to check his phone and see if there are any texts or alot of the same numbers,, I think his behavior was odd!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Since when does marriage mean that you own the rights to the your partners social life?

I have private conversations with friends of mine, who happen to be male. Likewise, my SO has female friends, and he has conversations with them that are private as well. I would NEVER cross that boundary, and ASSume that anything and everything he does is my business. As long as he comes home to me, there is no reason for concern (and in truth, my main concern with cheating is not that it is emotionally painful, I just don't want an STD).

When you try to "Own" someone, that is when you lose them.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• ObbyDobbie
    yes, you do not own another,
    but it is the clicking off immediately and snappiing none of your business at her that sends red flags to me
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• There should be no secrets between spouses.
    Laurie3200

Answer by Laurie3200 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Wow.. I definitely do not agree with ObbyDobbie..., but to each his/her own... When you are married, you are committed to one another fully and completely.... He sounds like he is hiding something IMO..., but I don't agree with sneaking around to look at his stuff... What I do believe in however is to have a deep conversation with him with NO distractions and tell him EXACTLY what is on your mind.. Tell him that you feel hurt by the fact that he is having a private conversation with another female behind your back and that as his wife, it is your right to know what is going on....
    Anonymous