Help! How do I get my kids t oget along with the other kids in the house?

So I have recently divorced and my 2 children and I moved in with my mother, who has custody of my 2 neices. We have been here for about 18 months and my 3 year old son and my 3 year old neice can't get along. It doesn't matter what we do. We can put them in time out, put them to bed or give a spanking and it still doesn't work!!! What else can I do? I have to get this under control quick they are both starting pre-school in august

momma226911

Asked by momma226911 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It sounds like there is no adult who is in control at the house. You both are adults, grown women. Someone needs to step up and let them know this behavior will NOT be tolerated. Lay down the law guys. Be tough, be consistent!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• Moving in with another family is a big change.. they are both probably feeling like they arent getting enough attention from their guardians. My suggestion would be to take them on outings together but have special time with both of you and when you are all home together doing special things seperately to show them how much you care about each of them. Reward them when they are behaving.. have a special rewards chart for each of them with special stickers for times when they are sharing nicely or playing well together.. Hope some of this helps!
    mandaj2004

Answer by mandaj2004 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2010