how to

Hello ladies, i hope that everyone is doing well. I have question that i need help with.1) how can i help my 2.5 daughter be a little bite more foucs on things since she will be starting school in september?2) and my second question is how can i teach her when to use the potty, she till use after she went, how can i teach her to tell use before hand

trinibaby

Asked by trinibaby at 12:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Where do you live that your child starts school at three years old?

And there is no much you can do to get your two year old to "focus". Just work with her, I sure don't think her school expects her to be "focused" at three years old.

As far as potty training, have you tried putting her in panties? Have you tried a "treat" system, where she gets a candy or a sticker or something every time she uses the potty? Do a potty dance, make it fun for her. YOU be consistent with taking her to the potty.
    Anonymous

• get a timer, set it for every hour, when it goes off it's POTTY TIME! make a big deal about it. if she doesn't go, set it for every 30 until she does. give her stickers/treats for when she goes, 1 treat/sticker for pee and 2 for poop. it will probly take a while, but keep at it and you'll get it. i started my son at 2 1/2yrs old and he's going on 3 1/2 and just started telling us when he has to go. you'll learn to keep an eye on the time and put her on the potty after a certain time she hasn't gone, when she normally has to go, ect. because of this my son has been in underwear since 2 1/2. in time they'll learn the feeling of having to go, and will be able to tell you. at first it's right before it's too late, but then they'll be able to hold it if only for a few minutes. it takes time, it's frustrating, and you must have patience. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Underwears and bring her to the bathroom every 20 minutes and watch her as she plays look for signs she has to go. Good luck...
    Anonymous

• anon, some schools start preschool at age 3. there's one here in Norfolk that does, only i'm not in their school district. there are also a ton of private preschools here that start at age 3 as well. i'm thinking of sending mine this school year to a private one near my house, until he's 4 and in public preschool, unless the school district i'm in starts at 3, i'm still looking into it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• thank you all for the help. i will try each. thank u again
    trinibaby

Answer by trinibaby at 1:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2010